Doug and Joan Jones, owners of The Studio Fitness™ (formerly STUDIO Zumba® Fitness), have personally trained over 6,000 Zumba® instructors. They also recruited a core of excellent instructors with certifications from the Aerobic & Fitness Association of America, the National Exercise Training Association, and the American Council on Exercise, among others. Considered the region’s premier Zumba® facility, The Studio Fitness features a state-of-the-art floor designed for maximum safety and comfort.
In addition to Zumba® classes and Latin dance lessons, The Studio offers the popular PUMP! strength/toning, Pilates for core balance, Pole/Chair Fit Fusion, and Booty Beat. Personal training and massage are also offered. Special events enhance a full monthly schedule of classes and sessions.
- A special note from Doug & Joan about "safety first" - "After teaching Zumba® for years on gym floors, carpet, tile, etc. we realized the importance of proper flooring. The investment was of utmost importance to us for our students, our instructors & ourselves. Our floor was selected with our students' best interest, health & safety in mind."
- The over 1,500 sq. ft. floating floor was chosen for Zumba® as the best & safest way to move freely & easily on its smooth & solid surface.
- The top-of-the-line floor is a maple wood with a sub-floor & 1/2 inch padding to cushion & protect knees & other joints in the body during exercise.
- The floor was installed by the prestigious Cincinnati Floor Company, known for installations of gym floors in major universities & gymnasiums.
We hope you notice the difference in the floor at The Studio Fitness.
What we Offer
- Open 7 days a week - over 35 weekly and session classes offered in a week
- Experienced, conscientious, and knowledgeable instructors - 100% of permanent instructors have national fitness certifications or are knowledgeable through training in their career field. Dr. Dave and Dr. Nina, both family physicians, are on our staff of fitness instructors.
- The very best floor for your knees, ankles, hips etc. for all fitness formats, dance and Zumba® (NO CARPET, TILE, or CONCRETE)
- Amazing sound, lighting, and total aesthetics
- An exceptionally clean facility that offers anything anyone of any age needs to get fit or improve overall health
- An all-natural juice bar that offers a complete and healthy serving(s) of fruits and vegetables, and also protein and fiber, right after your workout.
Convenient Payment Options
1.Enroll in Studio Unlimited™ and attend classes as often as you want.* ($49 per month)
Enroll in Studio
Unlimited Ultimate™ and attend classes as often as you want* with all the additional
Ultimate membership perks ($69 per month)
swipe card and continue on a non-contract, "pay as you go" basis
(Purchase classes in increments of 10 for $65)
4. Drop-in ($10 per class)
*Please note that swipe cards expire in four months from date of purchase; no refunds will be issued for unused classes and there is a $5 replacement charge for lost swipe cards. Also, swipe cards/punch cards are per individual and are not to be shared.
Suggested Hotel Info
Guests that need a hotel room while attending one of our events may want to use the hotel suggested below:
Holiday Inn Dayton Airport
10 Rockridge Rd.
Englewood, OH 45322
Rate is only $70 if you mention The Studio Fitness or Zumba®. They shuttle to and from The Studio and the Dayton International Airport for FREE. Hotel is 10 minutes from the Studio and the airport - The Studio Fitness is 5 minutes from the airport.
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.