Make sure to check our "Facebook Page" Regularly
Be sure to check our Facebook page for the most up-to-date announcements and private specials! If you have a Facebook account, please “Follow” our page to see updates and announcements in your Newsfeed. If you do NOT have a Facebook account, you may still view our page and see all of the information we post! Just bookmark our Facebook page in your browser for easy access.
Young Living Essential Oils
When visiting The Studio Fitness, you may notice the cool mist, ultrasonic essential oil diffuser in the main lobby now. We'll be diffusing a variety of light, refreshing scents that also clean and purify the air. For those sensitive to scent - do not be alarmed! Synthetic fragrance is a top 5 allergen, but the Young Living essential oils we diffuse are pure, therapuetic-grade, plant-derived, ALL NATURAL substances that should be safe for everyone.
We have a small collection of popular essential oils and products in the Studio NOW! Check them out at your next visit. :)
One-Time and Session Event
Girls Night In
One Friday each month (December 11th)
6:45 - 8:15 pm
This one-night drop-in class is designed to be a "Girls Night In" fitness party - learn a fun routine in one night. Each month Julie will teach a "themed" routine and participants will learn a quick routine using the pole and chair, and a few tricks on the pole.
Come on out to The Studio Fitness on
Thanksgiving Day! Burn off some pre-dinner
calories and help the VB-Food Pantry!
December Special at The STudio Fit!
Take as many classes as you want for $39!
Click the image below to download/print the flyer.
It's TIME! Cocktails & Cumbia is BACK,
Friday Dec. 4th, Saturday Dec. 5th
and Saturday Dec. 6th, but this time
with EXTRAS for you to make
this a complete fitness-filled weekend!
1.) FRIDAY Dec. 4th 6:00PM: Master Class by Antonio Butler! OPEN TO STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTORS!
2.) SATURDAY Dec. 5th 5:30PM: ZIN™ Meet & Greet OPEN TO ZIN MEMBERS ONLY! FREE (ZIN™ Members only)
3.) SATURDAY Dec. 5th 7:00PM: COCKTAILS & CUMBIA!!!
OPEN TO STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTORS!
4.) SUNDAY Dec. 6th 11:00AM: BellyDance Workshop
with Vin Iyer OPEN TO STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTORS!
5.) SUNDAY Dec. 6th 12:30PM: "DAY AFTER" Master
Class with THE MEN of C&C plus ZJ's Vin Iyer (NJ),
Jeffrey Franssen (Netherlands) & LynnB (OH) OPEN TO STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTORS!
*See event posts below for info on HOTELS and PACKAGES and RESERVATIONS.
Tickets for are on sale now. Call TSF at 937-387-0660 to reserve by credit card or via PayPal to email@example.com. Details coming soon!
Reserve your spot via your PayPal account by sending your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call The Studio Fitness (937) 387-0660 for other options.
Please specify WHICH EVENTS you will be attending.
1.) Cocktail & Cumbia VIP Exclusive Event: $50 :)
(Includes catered dinner, wine, class featuring instructors from all over the world)
NO, it's not just Cumbia music! smile emoticon
2.) Master Classes: $15 each (Open to the public)
-FRIDAY 6:00PM: Master Class by Antonio Butler!
-SUNDAY 11:00AM: BellyDance Workshop with Vin Iyer
-SUNDAY 12:30PM: "DAY AFTER" Master Class with THE MEN of C&C plus ZJ's Vin Iyer (NJ), Jeffrey
Franssen (Netherlands) & LynnB (OH)
3.) ZIN™ Meet & Greet: Free! (*Exclusive to ZIN Members)**PURCHASE "THE WHOLE ENCHILADA" WEEKEND and RECEIVE A SPECIAL THANK YOU TREAT!**
In The News
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, and that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read "Total Body Tabata: A Personal Perspective" by Barney Sentner
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.
- Please bring only the MINIMUM necessary items into a class (water bottle, towel, keys) and place those items along the wall on the SIDES or FRONT of the Studio room. DO NOT PLACE ANY ITEMS ALONG THE BACK WALL.
- Make sure water bottles remain 'upright', and if they do fall over immediately set them back upright.
- If you see spilled water on the floor (from water bottles, shoes, etc.) please either notify a staff member immediately to clean it up or feel free to dry the area yourself.
- If your shoes are wet because of the weather, please bring a dry pair to change into. Wet shoes make for a very slippery wood floor!
For the fifth year in a row �� The Studio Fitness (formerly Studio Zumba Fitness) has been voted "The Best Place to Burn Calories in Dayton 2013” on ActiveDayton.com! We thank everyone for their support and votes! It is an accomplishment to just be nominated for the poll, but to win this distinction FIVE years in a row is a testament to not only our incredible staff, instructors and facility, but to the dedicated students who choose to make The Studio Fitness their favorite place to burn calories! Thank you!
Studio ZUMBA® Fitness in Vandalia, voted Best Fitness Center in Dayton 2009, will now be known as The Studio Fitness™. The simpler name better reflects the wide range of classes and services offered for all ages and fitness levels. And The Studio founders Doug and Joan Jones are quick to point out that nothing has been lost in the transition. “We’re still the region’s premier ZUMBA® facility,” Doug Jones says. Read the full press release
- The Studio Fitness
puts focus on the Beginners!
Read about our Zumba® and strength training
classes for Beginner & Medium Level
- Read an article about The Studio Fitness™ trip to Cancun, MX and view the pictures from the trip!