NEW KIDS CLASSES START IN MARCH
Alternating Kids classes on Saturday!
11:00 AM Saturday, 3/1, 3/15, & 3/29
Kids Zumba w/Jen
11:00 AM Saturday, 3/8 & 3/28
KIDS Circuit w/Gina
5:30 PM Friday, 3/7, 3/14, 3/21 & 3/28
Kids Zumba w/Jen
Studio Unlimited (SUM) and Studio Unlimited ULTIMATE (SUUM) Members may bring their first kid (or grandkid) FREE to the Kids Zumba® classes! Each child after the first one will still only be $3 per child (this applies to ONLY children or grandchildren of SUM/SUUM). The price for all other children attending will be $5 (swipe card holders, drop-ins, guests, etc.).
Group 5 Week Personal Training Sessions w/Gina
The Studio Fitness™ is launching two Small Group 5 Week Personal Training Sessions with Gina! This is an exclusive opportunity to stay on task with a firm commitment for 5 consecutive weeks for a small group of fitness minded individuals. We are not allowing more than 6 people in each session, but must have 4 registered to run the program. Gina will offer the program on Mondays at 9:30-10:45 AM starting Monday, March 17-April 20 and Tuesdays, March 18-April 21 7:30-8:45 PM. Each Group PT session will include strength, possibly a short burst of cardio and a 15 minute stretch. The cost is $80, (breaks down to $16 for each PT session). If you are a Studio Unlimited Ultimate Member we will be offering 10% off. You may only attend the PT session you register for and there will be no make-ups for missed PT's, as this is a group effort. Many people have inquired about our individual Personal Training-$45 a session or $400 for 10 sessions. Training in a small group setting is very effective and more affordable for many.
You may register beginning Saturday, March 8 by calling the studio at 937-387-0660.
One-Time or Session Events
Girls Night In
Two Fridays this month (March 7, 21)
6:45 - 8:15 pm
March 7 - If you love Beyonce, you won't want to miss this class!! Fierce, sass, attitude and power describes this routine!! Bring your girls and your alter ego and get ready to get your groove on, queen B style!
March 21 -
March 21 -Enjoy a special “80's Night” edition of Girls Night In with Karla, as she leads you through a fun and flirty routine to Def Leppard’s “Photograph.” Big hair and pink lipstick not required, but bring your head rolls and best smile for an evening of cardio and strength training on the chair and pole!
*Call 937-387-0660 to reserve and pay your spot for $15 in advance, or $20 walk-in this month.
The Studio Fitness Trip to Cancun - June 18,
2014 Aqua Live All Inclusive
Including Zumba Benefit Event in Bonfil for Handicapped Myan Children
Join Doug, Joan, instructors and students on this fabulous vacation and benefit trip! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
ROCKOUT WORKOUT Training - Sunday, July 13
at The Studio Fitness in Vandalia, OH
In The News
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, and that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, an that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read "Total Body Tabata: A Personal Perspective" by Barney Sentner
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.
- Please bring only the MINIMUM necessary items into a class (water bottle, towel, keys) and place those items along the wall on the SIDES or FRONT of the Studio room. DO NOT PLACE ANY ITEMS ALONG THE BACK WALL.
- Make sure water bottles remain 'upright', and if they do fall over immediately set them back upright.
- If you see spilled water on the floor (from water bottles, shoes, etc.) please either notify a staff member immediately to clean it up or feel free to dry the area yourself.
- If your shoes are wet because of the weather, please bring a dry pair to change into. Wet shoes make for a very slippery wood floor!
For the fifth year in a row – The Studio Fitness (formerly Studio Zumba Fitness) has been voted "The Best Place to Burn Calories in Dayton 2013” on ActiveDayton.com! We thank everyone for their support and votes! It is an accomplishment to just be nominated for the poll, but to win this distinction FIVE years in a row is a testament to not only our incredible staff, instructors and facility, but to the dedicated students who choose to make The Studio Fitness their favorite place to burn calories! Thank you!
Studio ZUMBA® Fitness in Vandalia, voted Best Fitness Center in Dayton 2009, will now be known as The Studio Fitness™. The simpler name better reflects the wide range of classes and services offered for all ages and fitness levels. And The Studio founders Doug and Joan Jones are quick to point out that nothing has been lost in the transition. “We’re still the region’s premier ZUMBA® facility,” Doug Jones says. Read the full press release
- The Studio Fitness
puts focus on the Beginners!
Read about our Zumba® and strength training
classes for Beginner & Medium Level
- Read an article about The Studio Fitness™ trip to Cancun, MX and view the pictures from the trip!