REMINDER: The Studio Fitness will be CLOSED on Easter
Sunday (4/20) -
enjoy the holiday with your family and friends.
YOU HELP US GROW?
Everyone likes to feel involved, and here is YOUR opportunity to get involved with The Studio Fitness. Help us continue to expand and offer a variety of great fitness classes and an ever-growing collection of equipment to help you reach your fitness goals while keeping it fresh, fun, interesting...without having to raise the cost of membership or swipe cards.
NEW AND JUST FOR YOU! We have just brought in 20 new steps and risers, 20 new bars and weights, and 20 new mats! In addition to that, we are now offering new exercise programs like POUND.ROCKOUT WORKOUT and Zumba Step®!
Sunday, April 27,
1-3 PM "Here We Grow Again!"
Five (5) Workouts in Two (2) Hours!
Be the FIRST to try the STUDIO'S HOTTEST NEW FITNESS PROGRAMS!
Minimum $15 Donation to attend
We are "Raising The Bar"
in PUMP! -
NEW Barbells with removable plates for
"Step Up Your Zumba" with Zumba Step® - steps will also be incorporated in PUMP!
"POUND it Out and Get Ripped w/Ripstix" in POUND.ROCKOUT WORKOUT!
"Blast The Calories" with LaBlast Fitness!
"Bring on the Barre" - we're lengthening the barre for Booty Barre and Bella Body Barre!
Participants will spend an hour in Studio A then an hour in Studio B. This is a special event with a $15 minimum donation to attend (sorry, no swipe cards).
*The 1 pm Zumba w/Stephanie and 2 pm Hardcore HIIT 30 / Core Training w/Gina classes are CANCELLED THAT DAY ONLY (the rest of the day's classes will be held as usual).
Here's how you can get involved in helping us promote all the fun new things we have going on at The Studio Fitness:
* Reach out to your friends and family at the workplace, Facebook,
church group, or any other social network you may be involved with.
Invite them to try some of these new workouts, along with a few
favorites, at our "Here We Grow Again!"
* Invite them to attend classes throughout the week - don't forget our April $39 unlimited special for folks new to the Studio (see below)!
$39 UNLIMITED CLASSES SPECIAL RETURNS FOR
Take as many classes as you want in the month of April for the low price of only $39! The month-long (no contract) pass is good for *regularly scheduled classes only and is only offered for those that have NEVER taken a class at The Studio Fitness. *Special $5 holiday classes and/or special events are excluded from the month-long special pass.
Zumba® | Beginner Zumba® | PUMP! | Kettlebell & MORE! | Total Body Tabata | PILOXING | Cardio Bounce | Booty Barre | LaBlast Fitness | TSF Club Cardio | Ultimate Workout | Stretch-Relax-Breathe | R & B Line Dancing | BOKWA Fitness | Hardcore HIIT 30 | POUND.ROCKOUT WORKOUT
OVER 45 CLASSES A WEEK-FOR ALL FITNESS LEVELS! Contact The Studio Fitness™ to sign up and begin enjoying unlimited classes starting April 1!
One-Time or Session Events
Group 5 Week Personal Training Sessions with Gina
Mondays, April 21 - May 19, 9:30-10:45 AM
Tuesdays, April 22 - May 20, 7:30-8:45 PM
Each Group PT session will include strength, possibly a short burst of cardio and a 15 minute stretch. The cost is $80, (breaks down to $16 for each PT session). You may only attend the PT session you register for and there will be no make-ups for missed PT's, as this is a group effort. Many people have inquired about our individual Personal Training-$45 a session or $400 for 10 sessions. Training in a small group setting is very effective and more affordable for many.
You may register now by calling the studio at 937-387-0660.
Sundays at 3:00 PM - Fitness/Dance Made Easy w/Carol. This class is designed for a true beginner and those looking for a lighter workout. The class will include LaBlast Fitness, Zumba Gold and some Country Line Dancing! Join in the FUN with Carol! Read Carol's impressive bio!
LaBlast Fitness Class w/Chris - Thursday, May 1 at 5:30 pm
Have you tried this class? Maybe you're wondering what it's all about? LaBlast® is a fun-filled, high energy dance fitness class that will both challenge and inspire people of all ages and fitness levels, while dancing to a wide variety of music. Music is a key component, ranging from pop, rock, hip hop, country, disco, and everything in between, to create a fun, energetic club-like atmosphere. The result is a thrilling experience that makes you addicted to dance, and it's completely partner free! Whether you want to tone your body, maintain a healthy lifestyle, learn to dance, or just have a great time, LaBlast® offers something for everyone! It's a Blast!
Girls Night In
One Friday each month (May 9)
6:45 - 8:15 pm
This one-night drop-in class is designed to be a "Girls Night In" fitness party - learn a fun routine in one night. Each month Julie will teach a "themed" routine and participants will learn a quick routine using the pole and chair, and a few tricks on the pole.
*Call 937-387-0660 to reserve and pay your spot for $15 in advance (walk-ins are no longer accepted).
The Studio Fitness Trip to Cancun - June 18,
2014 Aqua Live All Inclusive
Including Zumba Benefit Event in Bonfil for Handicapped Myan Children
Join Doug, Joan, instructors and students on this fabulous vacation and benefit trip! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
ROCKOUT WORKOUT Training - Sunday, July 13
at The Studio Fitness in Vandalia, OH
In The News
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, and that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, an that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read "Total Body Tabata: A Personal Perspective" by Barney Sentner
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.
- Please bring only the MINIMUM necessary items into a class (water bottle, towel, keys) and place those items along the wall on the SIDES or FRONT of the Studio room. DO NOT PLACE ANY ITEMS ALONG THE BACK WALL.
- Make sure water bottles remain 'upright', and if they do fall over immediately set them back upright.
- If you see spilled water on the floor (from water bottles, shoes, etc.) please either notify a staff member immediately to clean it up or feel free to dry the area yourself.
- If your shoes are wet because of the weather, please bring a dry pair to change into. Wet shoes make for a very slippery wood floor!
For the fifth year in a row �� The Studio Fitness (formerly Studio Zumba Fitness) has been voted "The Best Place to Burn Calories in Dayton 2013” on ActiveDayton.com! We thank everyone for their support and votes! It is an accomplishment to just be nominated for the poll, but to win this distinction FIVE years in a row is a testament to not only our incredible staff, instructors and facility, but to the dedicated students who choose to make The Studio Fitness their favorite place to burn calories! Thank you!
Studio ZUMBA® Fitness in Vandalia, voted Best Fitness Center in Dayton 2009, will now be known as The Studio Fitness™. The simpler name better reflects the wide range of classes and services offered for all ages and fitness levels. And The Studio founders Doug and Joan Jones are quick to point out that nothing has been lost in the transition. “We’re still the region’s premier ZUMBA® facility,” Doug Jones says. Read the full press release
- The Studio Fitness
puts focus on the Beginners!
Read about our Zumba® and strength training
classes for Beginner & Medium Level
- Read an article about The Studio Fitness™ trip to Cancun, MX and view the pictures from the trip!