Make sure to check our "Facebook Page" Regularly
Be sure to check our Facebook page for the most up-to-date announcements and private specials! If you have a Facebook account, please “Follow” our page to see updates and announcements in your Newsfeed. If you do NOT have a Facebook account, you may still view our page and see all of the information we post! Just bookmark our Facebook page in your browser for easy access.
Neal's Yard Remedies
We are thrilled to announce our partnering with Neal's Yard Remedies as independent consultants! Neal's Yard Remedies started in Covent Garden (London), England over 30 years ago and is pioneer in providing safe, natural and organic products that promote beauty and well-being from the inside out. Please visit my website to see why we are excited to be able to offer these products that are sold around the globe and are the leading organic skincare products.
Click Here to to view our web site.
Ethical - Protecting this precious planet and its inhabitants is central to everything we make and do.
People – we believe everyone has the right to health, knowledge and independence.
Animals – we have never tested on animals, and everything we make is 100% vegetarian
Ecology – reduce, reuse and recycle is our mantra, sustainability is our rule, minimal impact on the planet is our aim.
One-Time and Session Event
We are KICKIN' OFF our 10th Anniversary
with a FREE WEEK!
Never taken a class at TSF? Well here's your chance and it's TOTALLY FREE!
Monday January 16th through Sunday January 22nd.
All our classes are free for you to try out!
Click on the image below to Download/View/Print the full sized flyer.
VeraFlow Class Saturday, January 21
11AM - 12:30PM, all levels welcome, $10 per person!
VeraFlow Instructor Training is coming! Mindfulness, stress-reduction and dance-fitness are all hugely popular right now. VeraFlow combines all of them in a unique way allowing you to offer what's hot right now. Your talents are your gift to the world. When you know something can have a wonderfully positive effect both physically and mentally on those around you, you owe it to them and yourself to make that happen. – Register NOW for the January 21st training at VeraFlow.com.
STRONG By Zumba w/Staci returns to TSF
Dates Coming Soon, so STAY TUNED!
Maria Jimena Padilla-Browning is coming home to The Studio Fitness on Friday, February 3 to teach a Kizomba class/workshop open to all!
Kizomba is a style of music/dance that originates from Angola. It is characterized by its slow tempo, African style rhythms, and its romantic feel, which is often sung in Portuguese. This beautiful rhythm is often danced with a partner, in social scenes, but can be danced alone, in fitness classes.
PREPARE TO MEMORIZED!!!
Maria will also be sticking at 10:00 AM Saturday, February 4. Stay tuned for more details! Register NOW, space is limited and filling fast!
Doug has taken his 4 leaf clovers to a new level. He has turned them into beautiful gems that can be keepsakes for a very long time. Check them out at the front desk. Great for yourself or loved one!
Mommy (Caregiver) & Me Fun FIT!
Join us for this special class where you and your child can learn, bond, and grow in an upbeat and happy, musical environment. Accompany your little one while we sing, dance, and exercise! Students and caregivers will experience a fun fitness program through the use of music, instruments, props, and more!
Ages 1 – 5 with Mom/Caregiver
Dates Coming Soon, So STAY TUNED!
8-week session ~ $55 (Drop-in ~ $10 per class)
Instructors Stephanie and Nina The Studio FIT- REGISTER NOW! A minimum of 5 registrants needed to run session. DO IT!
Click the image below to Download/View/Print the full sized flyer.
Annual TSF Wheelchair Trip to Mexico 2017
It started with one wheelchair for Rodrigo in 2010 and the tradition has continued yearly bringing special assistance items to some very worthy kids. In 2016 we were able to bring more; ultralight sport-wheelchairs, specially fitted wheelchairs for children with cerebral palsy, reverse posterior walkers, and wheelchairs of all sizes, thanks to you!
It is awesome seeing Rodrigo every year along with many new families we have met. It is amazing to see these children grow out of one item or need something different and pass it along to another child. Please join us! 2017 The Studio Fitness wheelchair/trip to Mexico is set. Join us July 11-18 2017! We will be returning to Fiesta Americana Life Aqua.
If you are interested, please call 1-800-343-7821, identify yourself as
participants of the Fitness Group,
and use the code G14PJW. If you want details for trip please contact Linda Lawson at 440-371-4889.
Click the image below to Download/View/Print the full sized flyer.
Join Chris for LaBlast Tuesday at 6:30 PM,
Wednesday Beginner Level LaBlast at 5:30 PM,
LaBlast, Thursday at 6:30 PM and Saturday Beginner LaBlast 10:00 AM
In The News
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, and that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read "Total Body Tabata: A Personal Perspective" by Barney Sentner
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.
- Please bring only the MINIMUM necessary items into a class (water bottle, towel, keys) and place those items along the wall on the SIDES or FRONT of the Studio room. DO NOT PLACE ANY ITEMS ALONG THE BACK WALL.
- Make sure water bottles remain 'upright', and if they do fall over immediately set them back upright.
- If you see spilled water on the floor (from water bottles, shoes, etc.) please either notify a staff member immediately to clean it up or feel free to dry the area yourself.
- If your shoes are wet because of the weather, please bring a dry pair to change into. Wet shoes make for a very slippery wood floor!
For the fifth year in a row �� The Studio Fitness (formerly Studio Zumba Fitness) has been voted "The Best Place to Burn Calories in Dayton 2013” on ActiveDayton.com! We thank everyone for their support and votes! It is an accomplishment to just be nominated for the poll, but to win this distinction FIVE years in a row is a testament to not only our incredible staff, instructors and facility, but to the dedicated students who choose to make The Studio Fitness their favorite place to burn calories! Thank you!
Studio ZUMBA® Fitness in Vandalia, voted Best Fitness Center in Dayton 2009, will now be known as The Studio Fitness™. The simpler name better reflects the wide range of classes and services offered for all ages and fitness levels. And The Studio founders Doug and Joan Jones are quick to point out that nothing has been lost in the transition. “We’re still the region’s premier ZUMBA® facility,” Doug Jones says. Read the full press release
- The Studio Fitness
puts focus on the Beginners!
Read about our Zumba® and strength training
classes for Beginner & Medium Level
- Read an article about The Studio Fitness™ trip to Cancun, MX and view the pictures from the trip!