Please visit Doug's new website, www.4leaf4hope.com, celebrating his childhood hobby while bringing awareness to mental illness! heart emoticon
(ALL YEAR LONG!)
For local high school and college students! All high school and college students (up to age 25) may attend unlimited classes for only $40 per month (no contract!)! You MUST show your school ID to be eligible for this special price. Parents and students have asked about this and we LISTENED. Stay active all year without breaking your piggy banks!
One-Time and Session Events
The Studio Fitness will offer the following classes at the LuLuLemon facility for the Month of March (*2533 Far Hills Ave. Dayton, Ohio 45419):
Every Saturday in March from 10AM and 10:50AM @LuLuLemon Dayton
March 28: POUND! with Connie
*It is hard to miss if not looking and parking is somewhat scarce. The showroom is actually upstairs in the building it is in.
Hop/Funk Dance Class w/Lisa
Friday, March 27
6:30 PM- 7:45 PM
$15 in adance / $20 at the door (Register Now)
This class is for anyone who wants to learn and improve on hip hop/funk dance movements and learn some new choreography to the latest hip hop and pop music. It will consist of a traditional dance class- with a warm up and stretch, a breakdown of the counts and moves, and learning and practicing a small dance routine. (Dress attire should be comfortable workout clothes and gym shoes).
Group Training Sessions w/Lisa
5 Week Session ($80)
Wednesdays (April 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20)
Small group training is personal training in a team environment. It's a
great way to try new exercises you would not do on your own. It also
builds confidence for those wanting to try PUMP! or HIIT but are still on
the fence. Anyone of any age or fitness level can and will succeed in
small group training. The cost breaks down to only $16 for each PT
session. Register NOW! *We must have at least four people
registered to run the program—we will limit it to eight.
In The News
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, and that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read "Total Body Tabata: A Personal Perspective" by Barney Sentner
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.
- Please bring only the MINIMUM necessary items into a class (water bottle, towel, keys) and place those items along the wall on the SIDES or FRONT of the Studio room. DO NOT PLACE ANY ITEMS ALONG THE BACK WALL.
- Make sure water bottles remain 'upright', and if they do fall over immediately set them back upright.
- If you see spilled water on the floor (from water bottles, shoes, etc.) please either notify a staff member immediately to clean it up or feel free to dry the area yourself.
- If your shoes are wet because of the weather, please bring a dry pair to change into. Wet shoes make for a very slippery wood floor!
For the fifth year in a row �� The Studio Fitness (formerly Studio Zumba Fitness) has been voted "The Best Place to Burn Calories in Dayton 2013” on ActiveDayton.com! We thank everyone for their support and votes! It is an accomplishment to just be nominated for the poll, but to win this distinction FIVE years in a row is a testament to not only our incredible staff, instructors and facility, but to the dedicated students who choose to make The Studio Fitness their favorite place to burn calories! Thank you!
Studio ZUMBA® Fitness in Vandalia, voted Best Fitness Center in Dayton 2009, will now be known as The Studio Fitness™. The simpler name better reflects the wide range of classes and services offered for all ages and fitness levels. And The Studio founders Doug and Joan Jones are quick to point out that nothing has been lost in the transition. “We’re still the region’s premier ZUMBA® facility,” Doug Jones says. Read the full press release
- The Studio Fitness
puts focus on the Beginners!
Read about our Zumba® and strength training
classes for Beginner & Medium Level
- Read an article about The Studio Fitness™ trip to Cancun, MX and view the pictures from the trip!