- Special Night!
Attention! Doug will be teaching a Zumba Toning® class on Tuesday, November 25 at 5:30 PM in place of PILOXING / POUND that night ONLY!
FREE WEEK! Sunday, November 23 -
Sunday, November 30
(added one extra day because of Thanksgiving!)
The Studio Fitness™ is approaching its eighth year in business and we would like to invite anyone who
has never taken a class AND those that haven't taken a class in two or more years to join us
for this upcoming FREE WEEK! Simply show up and register at the front desk and attend as many
classes as you like for FREE that entire week!
BLACK FRIDAY (11/28) and
Small Business Saturday (11/29) Specials!!
During our regularly scheduled OPEN HOURS these two days ONLY -
* If you sign up for a Studio Unlimited Membership (SUM) to get grandfathered in at the $49/mo rate, we will waive the one-time $29 administrative fee - these two days ONLY!
* $1 off all smoothies and juice blends at LocoLicious All Natural Juice & Smoothie Bar
* Buy 10 classes for your swipe card and GET ONE FREE! (11 classes for $70)
* 50% OFF all in-stock TSF activewear!
* For High School students ONLY: buy a one-month pass for only $25!!
Studio Unlimited Membership (SUM) Price
Increase for New Memberships ONLY
Effective January 1, 2015
Those members that are already enjoying the $49/mo SUM plan, and those who enroll before January 1, will continue to pay that rate for UNLIMITED regularly scheduled classes. Effective January 1, the SUM plan will be $59/mo for any new enrollees and will include UNLIMITED classes ONLY. The Studio Unlimited ULTIMATE Membership (SUUM) will continue to be offered for the $69/mo rate and includes:
* Unlimited classes of regularly scheduled classes
* Plush towel for class
* 10% off single personal training sessions
* 10% off The Studio Fitness™ active wear
* 1 FREE body composition analysis
* 1 FREE smoothie or juice blend each week from LocoLicious™ Natural Juice and Coffee Bar on the day of your choice; Perks (protein powder, extra fruit, etc.) are extra.
REMINDER: You can still "pay as you go" with a swipe card with 10 classes for $70!
Questions? Just stop by the front desk and let us know!
One-Time and Session Events
THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY SCHEDULE!
Wednesday, November 26 - regular morning classes as usual
5:30 PM Zumba w/Doug & Joan ONLY
- all other evening classes CANCELLED
Thursday, November 27 - $5 special Holiday classes (see flier below)
Friday, November 28 - regular morning classes as usual and schedule returns to normal for the weekend
Girls Night In
One Friday each month (December 12)
6:45 - 8:15 pm
This one-night drop-in class is designed to be a "Girls Night In" fitness party - learn a fun routine in one night. Each month Julie will teach a "themed" routine and participants will learn a quick routine using the pole and chair, and a few tricks on the pole.
*Call 937-387-0660 to reserve and pay your spot for $15 in advance (walk-ins are no longer accepted).
In The News
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, and that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read "Total Body Tabata: A Personal Perspective" by Barney Sentner
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.
- Please bring only the MINIMUM necessary items into a class (water bottle, towel, keys) and place those items along the wall on the SIDES or FRONT of the Studio room. DO NOT PLACE ANY ITEMS ALONG THE BACK WALL.
- Make sure water bottles remain 'upright', and if they do fall over immediately set them back upright.
- If you see spilled water on the floor (from water bottles, shoes, etc.) please either notify a staff member immediately to clean it up or feel free to dry the area yourself.
- If your shoes are wet because of the weather, please bring a dry pair to change into. Wet shoes make for a very slippery wood floor!
For the fifth year in a row �� The Studio Fitness (formerly Studio Zumba Fitness) has been voted "The Best Place to Burn Calories in Dayton 2013” on ActiveDayton.com! We thank everyone for their support and votes! It is an accomplishment to just be nominated for the poll, but to win this distinction FIVE years in a row is a testament to not only our incredible staff, instructors and facility, but to the dedicated students who choose to make The Studio Fitness their favorite place to burn calories! Thank you!
Studio ZUMBA® Fitness in Vandalia, voted Best Fitness Center in Dayton 2009, will now be known as The Studio Fitness™. The simpler name better reflects the wide range of classes and services offered for all ages and fitness levels. And The Studio founders Doug and Joan Jones are quick to point out that nothing has been lost in the transition. “We’re still the region’s premier ZUMBA® facility,” Doug Jones says. Read the full press release
- The Studio Fitness
puts focus on the Beginners!
Read about our Zumba® and strength training
classes for Beginner & Medium Level
- Read an article about The Studio Fitness™ trip to Cancun, MX and view the pictures from the trip!