TSF Total Solution: December 1-31, 2013
Take as many classes as you want in the month of December for the low price of only $39!
SIGN UP STARTING MONDAY, NOVEMBER 18! *The month-long pass is good for regularly scheduled classes only. Special $5 holiday classes and/or special events are excluded from the month-long special pass.
Zumba® | Beginner Zumba® | PUMP! |
Kettlebell & MORE! | Total Body Tabata | PILOXING
Cardio Bounce | Booty Barre | Yoga | LaBlast Fitness | TSF Club Cardio | Ultimate Workout
Stretch-Relax-Breathe | R & B Line Dancing | BOKWA Fitness
OVER 45 CLASSES A WEEK—FOR ALL FITNESS LEVELS
This is a limited, one-time offer—this special price will not be offered again! Contact The Studio Fitness™ to sign up and begin enjoying unlimited classes starting December 1!
January Health/Fitness Challenge
Get ready for the best team challenge The Studio Fitness has ever offered! This eight-week program, the 2014 Friends in Fitness Journey, will begin on Monday, January 6 and end on Sunday, March 16.
The rules are super simple:
* you earn points for every class you take at The Studio Fitness
* you need to form teams of three (3) students, and you can earn BONUS points if all three team members
attend the same class
* you can earn extra BONUS points for following weekly nutrition challenges (These are common sense, real
food challenges - nothing crazy. :) Anyone can participate regardless of your individual eating template.)
* the team with the most points accumulated at the end of the challenge WINS!
What do you win? How does a MONTH OF FREE (unlimited)
CLASSES and a $50 gift card to Healthy Alternatives
sound? Every team member on the winning team will win this!
This contest is open to ALL students at The Studio Fitness - drop-in, swipe card holders and SUM/SUUM members. There is a $15 registration fee for each team member.
For more details of the challenge, please stop by The Studio Fitness to register and receive the full program manual. Call the Studio at 937.387.0660 or email Corey@thestudiofit.com with any questions you may have.
Holiday Eating Survival Guide
Be sure to check out the updated "Holiday Eating Survival Guide" from Nutritionist Paula - it's FREE! Stay on track this holiday season with hints and tips for the home, office and parties. :)
Testimonial from Ace
There are just a few things I've been thinking about for about a year and I've decided to put it in print. I would first like to say that it's Marianne's fault that I'm hooked on The Studio Fitness™. I started out a year ago because I couldn't ride my bike due to the weather. I was very much out of shape and in need of some type of exercise program. Joan showed me around and explained everything to me. I started out looking for a place for my wife to go because she wasn't happy with her community-based gym center. The thing about the Studio that really got me hooked was a friendly atmosphere and the quality of the staff. I know that I will never be a real Zumba® guy, but I enjoy every minute of trying. I absolutely love LaBlast because it is another type of fitness class that can benefit anybody who enjoys music and movement. The place is much more than just a fitness studio, it's like a friendly family group. It's not a meat locker, these people are serious about their fitness. It has any kind of exercise format that you could possibly want and more. I have never met so many friendly, kind, people in my life. Read more...
You Tried the HOTTEST New Workouts?
Have you tried Booty Barre, Bella Body Barre or PILOXING?
A sexy, energetic, fun workout that fuses fitness techniques from Dance, Pilates, and Yoga that will tone, define and chisel the whole body. And get this... you don't even need any dance experience and you certainly don't need a partner! The Booty Barre® method is the perfect combination of strength and flexibility with added cardio to burn fat fast.
Come try the latest Hollywood fitness craze! PILOXING uniquely blends the power, speed and agility of boxing with the beautiful sculpting and flexibility of Pilates. It is a fat torching, muscle sculpting, core-centric interval workout, guaranteed to whip you into shape.
One-Time or Session Events
Girls Night In
1st and 3rd Fridays each month (December 6 ONLY this month)
6:45 - 8:15 pm
Don’t miss the only Girls Night In class of the month! Julie is doing a holiday theme for this class that will be very festive and fun. As always, the class will include pole, chair and floor work to a fun and flirty Christmas song. So grab your friends and your Santa hat to kick off your holiday weekend with a unique workout and refreshments served after!
*Call 937-387-0660 to reserve and pay your spot for $15 in advance or $20 at the door. 6:45-8:15pm
*While we do accept walk-ins for this class, we encourage you to save $5 and register and pay in advance. It helps the instructor to better prepare for class if it is known how many will be in attendance. Thank you!
The Studio Fitness Trip to Cancun - June
21-26, 2014 Fiesta Americana Condesa All Inclusive
Including Zumba Benefit Event in Bonfil for Handicapped Myan Children
Join Doug, Joan, instructors and students on this fabulous vacation and benefit trip! Click here to see all the details...
In The News
Read "Total Body Tabata: A Personal Perspective" by Barney Sentner
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.
- Please bring only the MINIMUM necessary items into a class (water bottle, towel, keys) and place those items along the wall on the SIDES or FRONT of the Studio room. DO NOT PLACE ANY ITEMS ALONG THE BACK WALL.
- Make sure water bottles remain 'upright', and if they do fall over immediately set them back upright.
- If you see spilled water on the floor (from water bottles, shoes, etc.) please either notify a staff member immediately to clean it up or feel free to dry the area yourself.
- If your shoes are wet because of the weather, please bring a dry pair to change into. Wet shoes make for a very slippery wood floor!
For the fifth year in a row – The Studio Fitness (formerly Studio Zumba Fitness) has been voted "The Best Place to Burn Calories in Dayton 2013” on ActiveDayton.com! We thank everyone for their support and votes! It is an accomplishment to just be nominated for the poll, but to win this distinction FIVE years in a row is a testament to not only our incredible staff, instructors and facility, but to the dedicated students who choose to make The Studio Fitness their favorite place to burn calories! Thank you!
Studio ZUMBA® Fitness in Vandalia, voted Best Fitness Center in Dayton 2009, will now be known as The Studio Fitness™. The simpler name better reflects the wide range of classes and services offered for all ages and fitness levels. And The Studio founders Doug and Joan Jones are quick to point out that nothing has been lost in the transition. “We’re still the region’s premier ZUMBA® facility,” Doug Jones says. Read the full press release
- The Studio Fitness���
puts focus on the Beginners!
Read about our Zumba® and strength training
classes for Beginner & Medium Level
- Read an article about The Studio Fitness™ trip to Cancun, MX and view the pictures from the trip!