July UNLIMITED CLASS SPECIAL
a $40 Unlimited Class Pass
for the month of JULY ONLY
This offer is available to EVERYONE - you do NOT have to be new to The Studio Fitness! If you are a current swipe card holder, any swipes left on your card on July 1 will be "on hold" for you and added back to your account on August 1. :) Buy now and take unlimited classes July 1-31 (holiday classes are excluded).
FOR HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE STUDENTS! All high school and college students (up to age 25) may attend unlimited classes this summer for only $39 per month (no contract!) OR choose to pay for all three months up front for only $99 (save $18)! You MUST show your school ID to be eligible for this special price! Offer good during the months of June, July and August ONLY. Parents and students have asked about this and we LISTENED! Stay active this summer without breaking your piggy banks!
One-Time or Session Events
workshop for strength, spins and more!
Sunday, August 3 at 2:30
$15 (Register for both this workshop AND the August GNI below and save $5!)
Don’t miss this special workshop for Pole fitness!! If you have taken a pole or chair class but looking for more, this class is for you! There will not be a dance learned in this class, but only focusing on strength techniques, tips and tricks! This will be a 75 minute class that will challenge and empower you!! Sign up’s are required and spots are limited, so be sure to call the studio to reserve your spot!!
Girls Night In
One Friday each month - August 8
6:45 - 8:15 pm
$15 (Register for both this AND the Pole workshop above and save $5!)
“Get your diva on”
This month’s Girls Night In class will be a DIVA theme! Julie is going to do
something slightly different this month and teach basic “diva” pole/chair
and floor work, that every girl needs to know how to do ;) From hair
flips and head rolls to sassy walks and dance moves! This class is for
EVERY female, no matter what your dance/fitness level is, this will be fun
and useful! As always, no experience is necessary and the class will
include floor, pole and chair work with refreshments served after! We
recommend calling to book your spot $15 ($20 at the door)
Book both GNI and workshop and save $5. Reserve your spot for both for just $25!
Spanish at TSF (Andrea Zavala Communication Services)
Saturday, August 16 at 12 pm
Join us for a 30-minute informative session on a Spanish course that will be held at The Studio Fitness this fall. If you have been interested in learning Spanish, this is the right time. Andrea Zavala, member at TSF and English and Spanish teacher, will be hosting this session and the course itself. Learn more about a program that might be right for you. For more information, contact Andrea Zavala firstname.lastname@example.org or www.andreazavala.com.
In The News
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, and that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read "Total Body Tabata: A Personal Perspective" by Barney Sentner
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.
- Please bring only the MINIMUM necessary items into a class (water bottle, towel, keys) and place those items along the wall on the SIDES or FRONT of the Studio room. DO NOT PLACE ANY ITEMS ALONG THE BACK WALL.
- Make sure water bottles remain 'upright', and if they do fall over immediately set them back upright.
- If you see spilled water on the floor (from water bottles, shoes, etc.) please either notify a staff member immediately to clean it up or feel free to dry the area yourself.
- If your shoes are wet because of the weather, please bring a dry pair to change into. Wet shoes make for a very slippery wood floor!
For the fifth year in a row �� The Studio Fitness (formerly Studio Zumba Fitness) has been voted "The Best Place to Burn Calories in Dayton 2013” on ActiveDayton.com! We thank everyone for their support and votes! It is an accomplishment to just be nominated for the poll, but to win this distinction FIVE years in a row is a testament to not only our incredible staff, instructors and facility, but to the dedicated students who choose to make The Studio Fitness their favorite place to burn calories! Thank you!
Studio ZUMBA® Fitness in Vandalia, voted Best Fitness Center in Dayton 2009, will now be known as The Studio Fitness™. The simpler name better reflects the wide range of classes and services offered for all ages and fitness levels. And The Studio founders Doug and Joan Jones are quick to point out that nothing has been lost in the transition. “We’re still the region’s premier ZUMBA® facility,” Doug Jones says. Read the full press release
- The Studio Fitness
puts focus on the Beginners!
Read about our Zumba® and strength training
classes for Beginner & Medium Level
- Read an article about The Studio Fitness™ trip to Cancun, MX and view the pictures from the trip!