Young Living Essential Oils
When visiting The Studio Fitness, you may notice the cool mist, ultrasonic essential oil diffuser in the main lobby now. We'll be diffusing a variety of light, refreshing scents that also clean and purify the air. For those sensitive to scent - do not be alarmed! Synthetic fragrance is a top 5 allergen, but the Young Living essential oils we diffuse are pure, therapuetic-grade, plant-derived, ALL NATURAL substances that should be safe for everyone.
Coming in July: an inventory of essential oil products for our fitness enthusiasts! Massage oils for those over-worked muscles, essential oils that may be used in a variety of ways, and we'll even help you get your own diffuser for your home or office. Just ask Joan or Paula for the details!
The Studio Fitness is once again traveling to Bonfil, MX to take supplies to children in need. The items being purchased this year include reverse posterior walkers, wheelchairs and sport wheelchairs. WE ARE ACCEPTING MONETARY DONATIONS NOW! The children in that area are also in need of NEW socks and gym shoes, so donations of those are also being accepted. SPECIAL: If you make a donation to this worthy cause, you will receive a 20% off one-time discount on our in-stock TSF active wear.
If you're interested in traveling to Bonfil and helping to distribute these items, please contact Joan Jones at The Studio Fitness - the trip will is scheduled for July 14-21.
One-Time and Session Events
Saturday, July 4 PATRIOTIC SPECIAL HOLIDAY CLASS!
$5 minimum donation accepted for a wheelchair purchase for the children in need of Bonafil, MX
9:30 AM All Available TSF Instructor Led Fitness Class (varied formats!)
The Studio Fitness will be closed the rest of the day on Saturday AND on Sunday, July 5 in observance of the holiday weekend. (Regular classes as scheduled on Friday, July 3)
Personal Training Sessions w/Paige
Mondays at 4:15 PM (Starting July 6)
Saturdays at 1:00 PM (Starting July 11)
5 Weeks, 75 Minute Sessions
Get one-on-one attention from Certified Personal Trainer Paige while pushing yourself to be a better version of you, alongside others with similar goals. This is a great way to gain confidence to get you started the right way on your personal fitness journey, or to get that extra push you've been needing. All levels and ages are welcome. Only $16 per session - that's a huge savings for training! Class size is limited, so reserve your spot now. *We must have a minimum of four participants to run the session, but will limit it to no more than eight.
U-JAM Fitness w/Lindsey
July 10 @ 5:30 (right before Girls Night In, info below)
Girls Night In
(Pole/Chair Fitness) w/Julie
One Friday each month (JULY 10)
6:45 - 8:00 pm
Mark your calendar for the next Girls Night In!
Who is ready for a fun ladies night to kick off a hot summer
weekend? Julie has an exciting night planned with an easy to follow
routine to “Pretty Girls” By Britney and Iggy! This class
will include pole, chair and floor work and is for all levels, no
Grab your girlfriends and get ready to have a night
full of dancing, fitness, laughs, girl talk and beverages served after!
*Walk-ins are accepted, but an RSVP is appreciated so we may
*Walk-ins are accepted, but an RSVP is appreciated so we may plan accordingly.
Click to view/print U-JAM Instructor Workshop Payment Plan
Hop Fusion Class w/Lisa
Friday, Juy 31
6:30 - 7:45 pm
$15 pre-registration / $20 at the door
This class will incorporate majority of hip hop dance moves, as well as a fusion with funk, jazz, and other modern pop dance choreography. Learn a short dance routine and get a great workout. Traditional dance studio teaching methods infused with a fun and trendy workout! Open to all dance levels. *At least six participants must be pre-registered for the class to take place.
In The News
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, and that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read "Total Body Tabata: A Personal Perspective" by Barney Sentner
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.
- Please bring only the MINIMUM necessary items into a class (water bottle, towel, keys) and place those items along the wall on the SIDES or FRONT of the Studio room. DO NOT PLACE ANY ITEMS ALONG THE BACK WALL.
- Make sure water bottles remain 'upright', and if they do fall over immediately set them back upright.
- If you see spilled water on the floor (from water bottles, shoes, etc.) please either notify a staff member immediately to clean it up or feel free to dry the area yourself.
- If your shoes are wet because of the weather, please bring a dry pair to change into. Wet shoes make for a very slippery wood floor!
For the fifth year in a row �� The Studio Fitness (formerly Studio Zumba Fitness) has been voted "The Best Place to Burn Calories in Dayton 2013” on ActiveDayton.com! We thank everyone for their support and votes! It is an accomplishment to just be nominated for the poll, but to win this distinction FIVE years in a row is a testament to not only our incredible staff, instructors and facility, but to the dedicated students who choose to make The Studio Fitness their favorite place to burn calories! Thank you!
Studio ZUMBA® Fitness in Vandalia, voted Best Fitness Center in Dayton 2009, will now be known as The Studio Fitness™. The simpler name better reflects the wide range of classes and services offered for all ages and fitness levels. And The Studio founders Doug and Joan Jones are quick to point out that nothing has been lost in the transition. “We’re still the region’s premier ZUMBA® facility,” Doug Jones says. Read the full press release
- The Studio Fitness
puts focus on the Beginners!
Read about our Zumba® and strength training
classes for Beginner & Medium Level
- Read an article about The Studio Fitness™ trip to Cancun, MX and view the pictures from the trip!