Make sure to check our "Facebook Page" Regularly
Be sure to check our Facebook page for the most up-to-date announcements and private specials! If you have a Facebook account, please “Follow” our page to see updates and announcements in your Newsfeed. If you do NOT have a Facebook account, you may still view our page and see all of the information we post! Just bookmark our Facebook page in your browser for easy access.
Young Living Essential Oils
When visiting The Studio Fitness, you may notice the cool mist, ultrasonic essential oil diffuser in the main lobby now. We'll be diffusing a variety of light, refreshing scents that also clean and purify the air. For those sensitive to scent - do not be alarmed! Synthetic fragrance is a top 5 allergen, but the Young Living essential oils we diffuse are pure, therapuetic-grade, plant-derived, ALL NATURAL substances that should be safe for everyone.
We have a small collection of popular essential oils and products in the Studio NOW! Check them out at your next visit. :)
One-Time and Session Event
Girls Night In
One Friday each month (October 9)
6:45 - 8:15 pm
This one-night drop-in class is designed to be a "Girls Night In" fitness party - learn a fun routine in one night. Each month Julie will teach a "themed" routine and participants will learn a quick routine using the pole and chair, and a few tricks on the pole.
Discovering Essential Oils (Basic 101) Class at Joan's
Saturday, October 24
The most toxic products being used in homes today:
* Air fresheners * Antibacterial soap * Candles * Cleaning solutions * Dryer sheets * Bath & body products * Anything with the word “fragrance”
We unknowingly expose ourselves to substances in our environment every day — most often by what we apply to our skin, what we breathe, and by what we ingest. Pure, therapeutic grade essential oils are a natural alternative to the myriad of toxic products used every day.
Attend a FREE Discovering Essential Oils class at Joan Maria Jones house and learn what essential oils are, where they come from, how they are made, and the importance of choosing a pure product. Some of the most popular Young Living brand single essential oils and blends will be presented along with the most common ways of using them.
Refreshments and socializing after class! Bring a friend!
join and register on our Team "TSF 4 Leaf 4 Hope" at Strides For
Mental Health 5K Walk Saturday, October 3. We will be doing the Zumba
warm-up at 9:40 AM before the walk at 10:00 AM. Keep hope alive always in
awareness for mental health. Every life matters!
Please note.... In recognition of Mental Health Awareness Week, there will be no 9:00 am Zumba this Saturday, October 3 ONLY. Please join Doug, Joan, Gabriel Piriz, Cynthia, Mario & MORE! as they lead the Zumba+MORE! Warm-Up before the NAMI of Montgomery County "Strides For Mental Health 5K Walk" The event starts at 9:00 AM!
All other classes are on regular Saturday schedule at TSF.
In The News
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, and that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read "Total Body Tabata: A Personal Perspective" by Barney Sentner
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.
- Please bring only the MINIMUM necessary items into a class (water bottle, towel, keys) and place those items along the wall on the SIDES or FRONT of the Studio room. DO NOT PLACE ANY ITEMS ALONG THE BACK WALL.
- Make sure water bottles remain 'upright', and if they do fall over immediately set them back upright.
- If you see spilled water on the floor (from water bottles, shoes, etc.) please either notify a staff member immediately to clean it up or feel free to dry the area yourself.
- If your shoes are wet because of the weather, please bring a dry pair to change into. Wet shoes make for a very slippery wood floor!
For the fifth year in a row �� The Studio Fitness (formerly Studio Zumba Fitness) has been voted "The Best Place to Burn Calories in Dayton 2013” on ActiveDayton.com! We thank everyone for their support and votes! It is an accomplishment to just be nominated for the poll, but to win this distinction FIVE years in a row is a testament to not only our incredible staff, instructors and facility, but to the dedicated students who choose to make The Studio Fitness their favorite place to burn calories! Thank you!
Studio ZUMBA® Fitness in Vandalia, voted Best Fitness Center in Dayton 2009, will now be known as The Studio Fitness™. The simpler name better reflects the wide range of classes and services offered for all ages and fitness levels. And The Studio founders Doug and Joan Jones are quick to point out that nothing has been lost in the transition. “We’re still the region’s premier ZUMBA® facility,” Doug Jones says. Read the full press release
- The Studio Fitness
puts focus on the Beginners!
Read about our Zumba® and strength training
classes for Beginner & Medium Level
- Read an article about The Studio Fitness™ trip to Cancun, MX and view the pictures from the trip!