TRY US FOR FREE WEEK!! Sunday, September
14 - Saturday, September 20
If you have NEVER taken a class at The Studio Fitness™, you may join us for FREE classes for ONE WEEK! Take as many classes as you want that one week for FREE! Over 45 fitness classes offered in a week!
Zumba®, Booty BARRE, Kettlebell & MORE!, Tabata, PUMP!, PILOXING,
Beginner Zumba/Zumba Gold, Cardio Bounce, Bella Body Barre, R&B Line Dancing, LaBlast Fitness,
Ultimate Workout, Pilates, Core Training, Circuit Training, and more! All classes taught by experienced, dedicated and caring instructors.
Studio Unlimited and ULTIMATE Membership SEPTEMBER PROMOTION!!
If you are a Studio Unlimited Member (SUM) or ULTIMATE Member (SUUM), you may earn FREE months of membership by referring your friends and family to The Studio Fitness! For every person you refer to The Studio Fitness that enrolls as an SUM or SUUM, you will earn ONE FREE MONTH OF MEMBERSHIP. If you refer 12 people who become SUM or SUUM, you earn ONE FREE YEAR OF MEMBERSHIP! Introduce your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors to the Studio during FREE WEEK (details above) and potentially earn FREE months off your membership. Additional questions? Stop by the front desk and ask!
New Zumba® /
Strength Combo Class Being Offered at 4:15 on Wednesdays
Starting on Wednesday, September 3, join us for Zumba® / Strength at 4:15 - THIS CLASS WILL BE FREE TO ALL THE ENTIRE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER!! This particular class time should provide an avenue for school teachers and other school personnel to end their work day with a great cardio and strength workout - the best way to de-stress before heading home!
STUDENT SPECIAL TO CONTINUE INDEFINITELY!!
FOR LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE STUDENTS! All high school and college students (up to age 25) may attend unlimited classes for only $40 per month (no contract!)! You MUST show your school ID to be eligible for this special price! Parents and students have asked about this and we LISTENED! Stay active all year without breaking your piggy banks!.
* PRICE INCREASES *
Beginning September 1, all smoothies and juice blends at LocoLicious Natural Juice & Smoothie Bar will be $5 and protein shakes will be $4.50 - perks for all are still .50 extra (each). Quest protein bars (all flavors) will be $2.75 each.
Beginning October 1, the 10 class swipe card will be $70 ($7 per class - must be purchased in increments of 10 classes). Please note that swipe cards expire in four months from date of purchase; no refunds will be issued for unused classes and there is a $5 replacement charge for lost swipe cards. Also, swipe cards/punch cards are per individual and are not to be shared.
One-Time or Session Events
to Kettlebell (Form & Technique) Class w/Chris - Tuesday, 9/16 and 6:30
This highly recommended - but not mandatory - class is for new and current Kettlebell students. Instructor focuses on introduction of proper form and technique for handling and swinging a kettlebell plus other kettlebell moves including the "clean," "clean and press" and "snatch." Instructor will also focus on anything a student needs extra help with.
Dance Class w/Zumba Jammer Vin Iyer - Thursday, September 25
$15 or $10 for Studio Unlimited Members (SUM/SUUM)
More details coming soon! Open to all fitness levels!
Funk! w/Antonio- Friday, September 26
$15 or $10 for Studio Unlimited Members (SUM/SUUM)
Let it all go with a 60 minute Cardio based workout to your favorite groves, from oldies-but-goodies to today’s Top 40 your body will be riding first class to fit!
Apple Fest FREE Demo's
Saturday, September 27 at 1:30 pm and
Sunday, September 28 at 12 Noon
Wear your favorite "The Studio Fitness" shirt and admission is FREE! Join us in the barn for Zumba® & more cardio / dance fun! View the flyer
& Cumbia - Saturday, September 27
The party of the year is taking place SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27 at The Studio Fitness!! COCKTAILS & CUMBIA is now being held in the FALL-- no more snowy blizzards!!
Haven't been?! Two-hour class led by all male instructors, catered dinner provided by Company 7 BBQ in Englewood, wine tastings, vendors, fitness & dance exhibitions, and AFTER-PARTY offsite! People come from all over for this night!! Welcome back Antonio Butler, Gabriel Piriz, Mike Kostrewa, Daniel DelliQuadri, Vin Iyer, and so much MORE!!
Tickets are on sale TODAY!! 937-387-0660 - $50 -
ONLY A FEW TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE!
This event ALWAYS sells out, so call ASAP!!
POUND ROCKOUT. WORKOUT. Outdoor Class
w/TSF Instructor Connie & Desire Harmon
Sunday, September 28
$15 or $10 for Studio Unlimited Members (SUM/SUUM)
Desiree is the owner and instructor of Club Studio Fit in Paintsville, KY (ClubFitStudio.com). Join us for the ultimate POUND workout!
Happiness a part of your daily life!
This program has been specifically designed to help you overcome difficult experiences from the past and set yourself free from painful memories by allowing you to take control of your life and strengthen your happiness. Happiness fuels success, not the other way around. How many times have you experienced success in some areas of your life while ignoring or justifying your lack of success in your weak areas?
There is a way to be successful in all areas of your life! The key to it is inside YOU!
Happy Beyond Fit will coach you through a journey to unlock your happiness and transform your daily habits into happiness driven habits. Happiness is more than just smiling every day! It needs to be exercised daily just like you exercise your muscles to build and maintain strength. Happy Beyond Fit will provide you with daily, personal training to achieve the success that YOU want in YOUR life!
To join the Happy Beyond Fit Program, you need to register for an "Awakening Experience" session. The "Awakening Experience" is the first step towards activating your happiness! At this session, you will have a close encounter with yourself and will identify where you stand in the happiness spectrum. There is no way to start the program without first having the guidance that your Happiness Activator will provide at the Awakening Experience. You will be able to join the Happy Beyond Fit program at the Awakening Experience.
Girls Night In
(Pole/Chair Fitness) w/Julie
One Friday each month (October 10)
6:45 - 8:15 pm
This one-night drop-in class is designed to be a "Girls Night In" fitness party - learn a fun routine in one night. Each month Julie will teach a "themed" routine and participants will learn a quick routine using the pole and chair, and a few tricks on the pole.
*Call 937-387-0660 to reserve and pay your spot for $15 in advance (walk-ins are no longer accepted).
Fusion Bellates w/Lisa - Friday, October 17
5:30 - 6:45 pm
$15 if registered by Wednesday, 10/15
$20 at the door
*This class incorporates techniques of Tribal Fusion belly dancing with a series of Pilates and ballet conditioning exercises that will help strengthen your core and help promote flexibility and balance.
What is Tribal Fusion belly dance?
Tribal Fusion is a modern form of belly dancing that fuses traditional American belly dance with interpretive dance, cabaret, hip hop, popping, flamenco, and other classical dance styles.
For the first half of each class you will learn a short Tribal Fusion belly dance routine that will help tone your core and improve your balance. The second half of the class will focus on a series of pilates and ballet conditioning exercises that will help strengthen and tone your overall body composition. This class will also incorporate dynamic and isolated stretching that will help relax your mind, body, and spirit.
*No shoes required
*Best results if taken barefoot
In The News
Read an article from the Dayton Daily News about PILOXING! Did you know The Studio Fitness offers this class, and that Instructor Connie is one of only a few ELITE instructors of PILOXING in the entire country?
Read "Total Body Tabata: A Personal Perspective" by Barney Sentner
Why Group Exercise?
One of the main reasons for people “quitting the gym” is lack of support, motivation, and enjoyment. Without the knowledge from a personal trainer, it is difficult to know what workouts to do, making it frustrating and easy to give up and go home. Plus, it is hard to motivate yourself to exercise to your fullest potential if you are alone. Here are some fantastic benefits of attending group exercise classes:
- Support and Motivation: When you work out on your own, you are more likely to give up faster than when you are in a group exercise class. The instructor can provide the support you need to keep pushing on, and being in a class full of others gives you the accountability and motivation to stay.
- Fun: Going to a group exercise class is fun! Our Zumba classes have encouraging music to get you excited and motivated for the class. It is also the group fitness instructor’s purpose and duty to provide a calorie-burning workout for you that is enjoyable.
- Friends: Group exercise classes are a perfect place to meet friends. Other people in the same classes as you share the common interest of wanting to stay fit, plus if you meet someone in your class you can motivate each other to keep attending that class.
- Accountability: Probably the biggest advantage to group exercise classes is the accountability. If you decide not to attend classes, most likely your absence will be noticed. Your attendance to each class is pertinent to the performance of the team. Consistency is huge when starting an exercise program and for this reason, the benefit of the accountability of a group exercise class will increase your results substantially.
- Social benefits: Most people spend their early years socializing in groups. This includes games and fitness activities. In later years, most individuals are too busy to socialize regularly. Group exercise can mitigate this problem, by allowing scheduled group activity time. Group exercise has the added benefit of preventing boredom with exercise, by adding an element of camaraderie to the chosen activity.
- Please bring only the MINIMUM necessary items into a class (water bottle, towel, keys) and place those items along the wall on the SIDES or FRONT of the Studio room. DO NOT PLACE ANY ITEMS ALONG THE BACK WALL.
- Make sure water bottles remain 'upright', and if they do fall over immediately set them back upright.
- If you see spilled water on the floor (from water bottles, shoes, etc.) please either notify a staff member immediately to clean it up or feel free to dry the area yourself.
- If your shoes are wet because of the weather, please bring a dry pair to change into. Wet shoes make for a very slippery wood floor!
For the fifth year in a row �� The Studio Fitness (formerly Studio Zumba Fitness) has been voted "The Best Place to Burn Calories in Dayton 2013” on ActiveDayton.com! We thank everyone for their support and votes! It is an accomplishment to just be nominated for the poll, but to win this distinction FIVE years in a row is a testament to not only our incredible staff, instructors and facility, but to the dedicated students who choose to make The Studio Fitness their favorite place to burn calories! Thank you!
Studio ZUMBA® Fitness in Vandalia, voted Best Fitness Center in Dayton 2009, will now be known as The Studio Fitness™. The simpler name better reflects the wide range of classes and services offered for all ages and fitness levels. And The Studio founders Doug and Joan Jones are quick to point out that nothing has been lost in the transition. “We’re still the region’s premier ZUMBA® facility,” Doug Jones says. Read the full press release
- The Studio Fitness
puts focus on the Beginners!
Read about our Zumba® and strength training
classes for Beginner & Medium Level
- Read an article about The Studio Fitness™ trip to Cancun, MX and view the pictures from the trip!